New Jersey was among the first states to take advantage of the Supreme Court ruling in 2018 and legalize online sports betting. It happened right after the federal ban on sports betting was lifted, and allowed states to regulate sports betting sites within their borders. DraftKings was the first NJ online sports betting site to launch. The sportsbook went live on August 6th, 2018, just a few weeks after the Supreme Court ruling that struck down the federal ban on sports betting.
Currently, DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM are leading NJ online sports betting sites in 2023.
- New Jersey launched online sports betting in August 2018, providing a convenient option for bettors.
- The legal age for betting in New Jersey is 21, and wagering on high school sporting events and games involving New Jersey colleges is prohibited.
- There are 16 betting sites in New Jersey, offering a variety of sports and events to bet on.
- Online sports betting providers in New Jersey are required to obtain a license from a brick and mortar sportsbook operator, ensuring a regulated and safer betting experience.
- New Jersey’s sports betting market witnessed a robust annual growth with a 35% surge in revenue, amounting to $61 million last month, as per the monthly revenue report released by the Division of Gaming Enforcement, marking a 35.6% increase year-over-year.
NJ Top Picks: Best Online Sports Betting Sites in New Jersey for 2023
|BetRivers||Best Betting Site in NJ|
|bet365||Bets from $1|
|betMGM||$1000 Free Bet (code: NJDOTBET)|
|Caesars NJ||Best Live Odds|
|SportsTrade||New Sportsbook App|
At NJ.bet, we review, rank, and list the NJ’s most reputable online sports betting sites, including betMGM, DraftKings, BetRivers, bet365, and new platforms such as ESPNBet. Whether you’re seeking welcome bonuses, the best odds, or daily offers, the Garden State has it all. As experts in the field, we have created this comprehensive NJ online sports betting guide to help you find top trusted sites for betting that are licensed by NJ DGE.
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $250 in a second chance betOne of the Legal Online Sportsbooks in New Jersey, Same game parlay bets, NBA Combo, UCL, EPL, MLB & NFL odds boosts, fast payouts, good customer supportNJBRV
- BetMGM Sign up Bonus Code NJDOTBET: Get up to $1,025 for Casino or up to 1,5k in Free BetsTrusted NJ Online Sports Betting Site and Mobile App, Edit My Bet, Slot Tournaments, Free To Play Credits, Exclusive Games, Cash Out, Live Streaming, In-Play OddsNJDOTBET
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Fully Licensed Sports Betting Website in New Jersey, Odds Boosts, Cash Out, Live Betting, Parlays, Pro Football PicksNJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1000 free betNJ’s Top-Rated Online Sportsbook, All Sport Parlay Insurance, Odds Boosts, Live Betting, Caesars Rewards, Free Bet BonusCZR1000
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $365 in Free BetsIndependent Sports Betting Site, Legal in NJ, My Bet, Early Payout, Multi-Sport Parlays, Live In Game Odds, BonusUSB365
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $150 Free BetNJ Legal Online Sportsbook App, Fixed Odds cash bet, Points Betting, 1 Parlay and 1 Same Game Parlay Booster, Refer Friend Bonus, Free BetsWELCOME
- Unibet NJ Sportsbook: Claim $100 in Bonuses
- DraftKings NJ Sportsbook: Get up to $1000NJ licensed online betting leader, Established, American-born company, Quick and easy to withdrawals, best-rated app, odds boosts, In-play betting
- FanDuel Sportsbook Bonus: Get $1000 Free BetNJ betting leading sportsbook app, 17+ sports, Thirsday Night SGP, TNT Tuesday, NBA, MLB Odds Boosts, My Bets, Betting guides, Live Odds
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook: Get $250 Free BetsNJ licensed online sportsbook, best-rated mobile app, NFL, MLB, NHL Daily Odds Boosts, Free Bet, Live streaming, In play live odds.
NJ TOP 15 Online Sports Betting Sites
- BetMGM – code NJDOTBET
- Borgata Sports
- Caesars Sportsbook
- Betway NJ
- DraftKings Sports
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Hard Rock
- Tipico Sportsbook
NJ Sportsbooks Compared (2023)
|BetMGM||Up to $1,500 paid back in bonus bets. Code: NJDOTBET||Comprehensive betting markets, Great odds boosts|
|bet365||Stake $1, Get $365 in bonus bets||HD quality streaming, Live odds, Minimum deposit from $1|
|Borgata Sports||Wager $20, get $100 in bonus bets||Reliable app, Diverse sports betting markets & just 1x playthrough|
|BetRivers||Get a 2nd chance bet up to $250||Competitive odds for NFL bets, Fast payouts|
|SportsTrade||Get up to $200 redund||Sports betting exchange|
|Caesars Sportsbook||$1,000 First Bet On Us promo||Innovative betting options, Frequent promotions|
|BetWay||$250 bet rebate if your first wager looses||Enhanced odds and boosts, Statistics, betting rules guide|
|DraftKings||Bet $5, get $200 in Bonus Bets||Pioneer in NJ online sports betting, Wide variety of markets|
Reviewed: 5 Best New Jersey Sports Betting Online Platforms
1. Bet Rivers NJ Sportsbook
BetRivers, a notable name in the NJ online sports betting landscape, proudly offers sportsbook and casino gaming sites to avid real money players. Launching its dynamic sports book app in the Garden State in August 2021, the company quickly rose to prominence. Bet Rivers provides a well-designed, user-friendly mobile app. This includes an engaging live betting feature, a welcome addition that allows bettors to place bets in real time as games unfold. This interactive tool enhances the thrill of betting, making it a favorite among users. With BetRivers, you can place online bets on all top markets, including football, baseball, tennis, boxing, hockey, and many more. For those looking to join the BetRivers community, a tantalizing offer awaits. By signing up and depositing a minimum of $20, you can receive up to a $500 match bonus on free bets at BetRivers NJ. Just remember to use the deposit code NJBRV to claim this exclusive offer.
- Best features: Same Game Parlay Bets, NBA Combo, UCL, UFC, MLB & NFL Odds Boosts, Fast Payouts. NJ bonus offer: Deposit to Receive up to $500 Bonus. Code: NJBRV
2. Bet365 NJ Sportsbook
A significant player on the NJ sports betting online stage, independent and British-based Bet365 sportsbook was among the first sports betting sites to go online, was an originator of live betting, and is a sports streaming leader. It is also one of the best for players (especially soccer bettors), with early payouts helping bettors win more money. If you are a bettor and looking for the best lines–and the most wagers–on soccer, this is the place for you. The site accepts Paypal and allows minimum deposits from $1 offers new depositing customers a $200 free bet bonus. The Bet365 NJ also houses a retail sportsbook inside the Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City that opened in 2019.
- Best features: My Bet, Early Payout, Multi-Sport Parlays, Live In Game Odds. NJ offer: Bet $1 Get up to $200 Free Bets
3. BetMGM NJ Sportsbook
BetMGM was among the first online sports betting websites that launched its mobile app in New Jersey. The BetMGM NJ betting operator offers new players a $1,000 risk-free first bet, in-play live betting, prop bets, and 70+ markets such as NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB, PGA, LPGA, NLL, UFC, WNBA, and more odds. They are also official betting partners of the New York Jets, New York Rangers, and New York Knicks.
- Best features: Daily Boosted Bets, Easy Deposits and Fast Withdrawals, 24/7 Customer Support. NJ promo offer: Get up to $1,000 in Free Bets
4. Caesars New Jersey Sportsbook
Like BetMGM, Caesars shares a long-time presence in the gaming industry. They opened two retail sportsbooks in New Jersey and partnered with William Hill USA to gain an instant foothold in online sports betting across the country. Caesars NJ online sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Caesars is one of the most user-friendly online NJ betting sites out there for gamblers, with so many bet boosts across all sports. The site also is one of the bet for diversity of action. They deliver a free first bet worth $1000 to new NJ bettors as a $1,000 refund if your bet loses.
- Best features: All Sport Parlay Insurance, Odds Boosts, Live Betting, Caesars Rewards. NJ promotional offer: Claim up to $1000 in Free Bets
5. DraftKings NJ Sportsbook
DraftKings is a reputable, licensed, and popular online sportsbook that went live in New Jersey in August 2019. They offer a wide range of sports to bet on, including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, tennis, and more. DraftKings NJ also offer a variety of bet types, such as point spreads, moneylines, over/unders, parlays, and props. Because it is one of the bigger sites, DraftKings also offers players many bet boosts and bonuses that some of the other sites do not: if you are a player and want to maximize your value, you really need to have a DK account. DraftKings has a nice betting offer – up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus. No codes are required.
- Best features: Live Betting, Pools, Best Odds, Quick Payouts. NJ new customer bonus: Deposit $5 Get up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
Each online sportsbook in New Jersey has its own set of bonuses and promotions to attract bettors. These bonuses can range from free bets to deposit matches, and they can significantly enhance your betting experience. Below you can explore the latest options and find the right NJ betting website that has the best offers.
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $365 in Free BetsJoin bet365 NJ sportsbook, bet at least $1 to get up to $365 in Free Bets new customer offer. Promo code is USB365 .USB365
- BetMGM Sign up Bonus Code NJDOTBET: Get up to $1,025 for Casino or up to 1,5k in Free BetsJoin betMGM NJ to claim the best welcome bonuses in 2023. Promo code to enter is NJDOTBET. betMGM Sportsbook/Casino bonus terms apply.NJDOTBET
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $250 in a second chance betJoin BetRivers sportsbook using promo code NJBRV in NJ, get a bonus up to $250 in free bet when betting at least $20.NJBRV
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Get Borgata Sports new customer offer today – up to $100 in Free Bet when you bet at least $20. Use code NJBETBRGT.NJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1000 free betPlace your first bet with Caesars NJ Sportsbook get up to a $1,000 Bonus BetCZR1000
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook: Get $250 Free BetsJoin Golden Nugget online sportsbook in NJ, deposit and bet with up to $250 free bet .
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $150 Free BetWager of $50 or more, and get a $150 promotional credit to use at Fanatics.comWELCOME
- WynnBET Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Free BetJoin WynnBet NJ sportsbook, wager to get up to $50 in Free Bet as a welcome offer.
- Horse Betting Apps
- Moneyline Betting
- PayPal BettingThe list of the best Paypal Betting & Casino Sites for NJ
- Point Spread Betting
- Total (Over/Under) Betting
- Best NJ NFL Sportsbooks & Offers
- The Best NJ Sportsbook for Prop Bets
- New Jersey Best Sportsbook Promos and Bonus Codes
- College Football Betting Sites
How We Review and Rank NJ Sportsbooks: What Bettors Should Know
Reviews of the licensed NJ sports betting online sites play a critical role in helping both novice and seasoned bettors make informed decisions about where to place their bets. Whether you’re considering established brands like BetMGM and Bet365 or exploring emerging platforms like Tipico, our reviews provide the insights you need to make the right choice. Here’s a peek into what we focus on when reviewing sportsbooks:
1. Betting Odds: The odds offered by one of the NJ’s regulated sports betting websites directly impact your potential winnings. We examine the odds across a variety of sports and events to determine which platforms consistently offer the most favorable odds. For example, newcomers like Tipico have been recognized for their competitive odds, thus increasing potential returns for bettors.
2. Welcome Bonus and Wagering Terms: Bonuses can give your bankroll a significant boost, especially for new users. We assess the generosity of the welcome bonus along with the wagering requirements attached to it. The best NJ sportsbooks, like BetMGM, often provide lucrative sign-up bonuses that are complemented by reasonable wagering terms.
3. Number of Markets: The range of betting markets offered by a sportsbook enhances the betting experience by providing diverse opportunities. From mainstream sports like NFL and NBA to niche sports like darts and esports, we value platforms that cater to a wide array of tastes.
4. Live Betting Options: The ability to bet on events as they’re happening has revolutionized sports betting. In our reviews, we look at the in-play betting features offered by platforms. Bet365, for instance, has received acclaim for its comprehensive live betting options, which cover numerous sports and events.
5. Unique Features: Certain sportsbooks offer unique features that can improve your betting experience. For example, Bet365 has an early payout feature for certain sports, meaning if the team you bet on takes a significant lead, your bet is marked as a winner, even if the tide turns later. Similarly, BetMGM offers insurance bets, which can mitigate losses by returning your stake if your bet loses under certain conditions.
6. User Experience: A sportsbook should be easy to navigate and use, whether on a desktop or mobile device. We evaluate the site’s layout, responsiveness, speed, and overall usability. A platform that provides a smooth, user-friendly experience makes the betting process more enjoyable and less stressful.
7. Credibility and Reputation: Trust is paramount when betting with real money. We consider the sportsbook’s licensing, regulation, and reputation within the betting community. We also evaluate their customer service responsiveness and available channels (e.g., live chat, phone, email).
NJ Online Betting: How to Get Started?
The most popular form of signup bonus offers at NJ sportsbooks online are risk-free first bets and matching first deposits. For instance, Caesars bet is currently offering a huge $1,250 matching first deposit bonus. At BetMGM Sports, they welcome new players with a $1,000 risk-free first bet. If your first bet doesn’t cash, they refund the amount up to $1,000 back into your account in the form of site credit. View all promo codes for sports betting here.
New Betting Sites for New Jersey
Here are some rumored new betting sites (NJ launch date not set): Bally Bet NJ, DAZN Bet, Ladbrokes, Novig, BetFanatics, ProphetBet Exchange. Interesting, that betMGM recently made a failed attempt to purchase Entain. Among the properties owned by Entain is the venerable British sportsbook Ladbrokes and Coral. Speculation is that Ladbrokes could be looking toward a Garden State launch in the near future. Another bookmaker, BetFred, already has a presence in US states including Colorado and nearby Pennsylvania. It wouldn’t be surprising to see BetFred make a move into New Jersey become one of the latest new betting websites in 2023 or 2024.
To place bets in New Jersey, you can use online sports betting sites, visit a casino or sportsbook in person, or use mobile betting apps.
Placing bets in New Jersey is a breeze thanks to the variety of options available. Whether you prefer the convenience of online betting sites, the excitement of in-person betting at a casino or sportsbook, or the flexibility of mobile betting apps, there’s a method that suits your preferences. With online sports betting sites, you can place bets from the comfort of your own home or on the go. Visiting a casino or sportsbook in person allows you to soak up the atmosphere and interact with fellow bettors. And with mobile betting apps, you can have the thrill of betting right at your fingertips wherever you are.
The signup process is simple and requires personal information, a username and password, and confirmation of age.
No matter which method you choose, the signup process for betting in New Jersey is simple and straightforward. You’ll need to provide some personal information, such as your name, address, and date of birth, to verify your identity and age. You’ll also need to create a username and password for your account. Once you’ve completed the signup process and confirmed your age, you’ll be ready to start placing bets and enjoying all that New Jersey’s betting scene has to offer.
So, what can you wager on online in NJ?
New Jersey is one of the leading states in America for sports betting, offering a wide range of options. Bettors can wager on popular sports leagues like the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA basketball, and NCAA football. Additionally, there are opportunities to bet on niche sports such as tennis, auto racing, fighting, and soccer. The state provides a diverse selection of markets, including prop betting and live betting.
- Football: Wagers can be placed on NFL and NCAA college football games, including point spreads, moneylines, and over/unders.
- Basketball: Bet on NBA and NCAA college basketball games, encompassing point spreads, moneylines, and over/unders.
- Baseball: You can place bets on MLB games, featuring moneylines, run lines, and over/unders.
- Hockey: NHL games provide betting opportunities including moneylines, puck lines, and over/unders.
- Soccer: You can wager on MLS, Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and other top-tier soccer leagues and tournaments.
- Golf: Bets can be placed on PGA and European Tour events, including head-to-head matchups and tournament winners.
- Tennis: ATP and WTA events provide betting options, including head-to-head matchups and tournament winners.
- Racing: There’s the opportunity to place bets on horse racing and greyhound racing.
- MMA and Boxing: Bets can be placed on UFC and other MMA events, as well as boxing matches.
Major Sporting Events and Teams in New Jersey
New Jersey’s close proximity to New York and Philadelphia makes it a hotbed for major sporting events, providing numerous betting opportunities. Both NFL’s New York teams – the Giants and the Jets – play their home games at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. The NHL’s New Jersey Devils play at the Prudential Center in Newark.
Notable teams to bet on include:
- NFL: New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles
- NBA: Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers
- MLB: New York Mets, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies
- NHL: New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers
- MLS: New York Red Bulls, NYCFC, Philadelphia Union
If you’re a fan of horse racing, the TVG horse race betting app is your ticket to the action. Available in New Jersey, this app allows users to legally bet on races from around the world. Whether it’s the Kentucky Derby, the Royal Ascot, or your local track, you can place your bets and watch the races unfold in real time. With a user-friendly interface and a wide range of betting options, the TVG app is a must-have for horse racing enthusiasts.
There are 13 brick and mortar casinos in the state. They offer sportsbook areas with betting shops where you can place sports bets in person. View the best locations here.View All
Where to Bet in Person in New Jersey – TOP 9 Retail Sportsbooks
In addition to online options, New Jersey residents and visitors can enjoy the thrill of placing bets in person at physical casinos and racetracks. These establishments provide a lively atmosphere where you can immerse yourself in the excitement of the games and races. Whether you prefer the spinning roulette wheel, the shuffle of cards at the blackjack table, or the thundering hooves on the racetrack, there’s something for everyone at these brick-and-mortar locations.
For those who prefer the in-person experience, there are retail sportsbook locations primarily located in Atlantic City. These sportsbooks are often operated by established casino brands, ensuring a secure and regulated environment for betting.
- The Meadowlands Racetrack – Address: Drive, East Rutherford, NJ. Sportsbooks: FanDuel, PointsBet, SuperBook, 4NJBets
- Monmouth Park – Address: Oceanport, NJ 07757. Sportsbooks: Caesars, SugarHouse
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Address: Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Hard Rock Sportsbook, Unibet, bet365
- Golden Nugget Hotel Casino & Marina – Address: Huron Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Golden Nugget, Betway
- Borgata Hotel Casino – Address: Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Borgata, BetMGM
- Ocean Resort Casino – Address: Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Tipico
- Resorts Casino Hotel – Address: Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: DraftKings, FOX Bet
- Caesars Interactive Entertainment – Address: Pacific Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: WynnBet, ProphetBet Exchange
- Freehold Raceway – Address: 130 Park Ave, Freehold, NJ. Sportsbooks: Barstool, PlayUp, betPARX
NJ Sports Betting Online FAQs
Yes. Legal, regulated sports betting was launched in the state in 2018.
It’s actually quite an easy process. Simply download the betting app of choice into a smartphone and then follow the step by step instructions from the site for opening an account.
For all New Jersey sports betting, whether in person or online, the legal age to play is 21.
Not on teams located in the Garden State. New Jersey voters turned down a ballot question during the November 2021 state elections that would’ve approved betting on local college teams, as well as any college sports event played in the state. Out-of-state college sports betting is permitted.
Visit New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, here you can find all the latest regulations and rules, including info on legal sites, revenue reports and more.
VIP Preferred (ACH/e-Check), Visa, MasterCard, Online bank transfer, PayPal, PayNear Me. Some NJ sportsbooks offer their own pre-paid cards such as WynnBET Play+ or Green Dot MoneyPak.
NJ sportsbooks offer a Cash Out function that allows to settle bets early. With Cash Out, the sportsbook offers an early payout based on the current score. It carries less risk than waiting until the end of the game. For example, imagine you bet $100 on the Broncos to win their game at odds of +200 (return of $200). With most of the game played, the sportsbook offers you an early Cashout win of $120. You can take the profit early or let the bet ride. Cash Out is a great way of securing a profit without seeing the game to the end. It’s particularly good when you’re watching a game live and seeing that the bet may not go your way.
Vie.gg certainly isn’t the only sports betting site to vacate the New Jersey market. Foxbet, WynnBet and Fubo Sportsbook also recently ceased to operate in the Garden. The Score Bet, Maximbet, 888Sports, and TwinSpires all previously shut down operations in New Jersey.
From drunk hecklers and foul-mouthed fans to bottle-throwers and field rushers, we took a closer look at fan behavior and surveyed NFL fans across the country in order to find out which fan bases are the rudest in the league. They may be known as the “City of Brotherly Love,” but according to survey respondents, Philadelphia Eagles fans aren’t living up to their city’s moniker. In fact, NFL fans ranked the Eagles as the rudest fans in the entire league. Respondents said Eagles fans are notorious for starting fights, which put them in the top spot in our “rudest fans” ranking. According to our survey, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots is the rudest in the league, followed by Mike McCarthy of the Dallas Cowboys and Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers. There seems to be a common theme with some of these teams as fans also ranked starting quarterback Dak Prescot of the Cowboys as the third rudest quarterback in the NFL.
Online casinos are legal in New Jersey. The best sites for gambling are: bet365 casino, WheelOfFortune, PlayStar, betMGM casino, Harrah’s casino, Borgata online casino, BetRivers Casino, Caesars Palace online casino, and more.
There are 20+ legal sports betting websites in New Jersey. The Bovada is not one of them. It is not illegal to place online bets at Bovada, but as it is not on the regulated sportsbooks list, we would not recommend this site to you.
No, BetOnline is an offshore website that takes bets online. The NJ Gambling Commission does not regulate it.
The tax rate for online sports betting is 14.25%, while the tax rate for retail sports betting is 9.75%. To operate legally in New Jersey, online sports betting providers are subject to a tax rate of 14.25%. This tax is applied to the gross gaming revenue generated from online sports betting activities. In contrast, the tax rate for retail sports betting, which includes in-person wagers at casinos and sportsbooks, is set at 9.75%.