Mobile sports betting is legal in New Jersey with 20+ sportsbook apps available for Android and iOS. We are here to help you discover the best NJ betting apps with competitive betting odds, free bets bonuses and easy navigation. Based on user rating, the bet365, BetMGM app, BetRivers and Caesars are top apps for sports betting in New Jersey for 2023.
Best Betting Apps NJ/2023
- bet365 NJ Sports Betting App (download, $200 free bet)
- BetMGM – among top betting apps in New Jersey – code NJDOTBET
- PointsBet NJ Sportsbook App (best for Android)
- Betway NJ Betting App
- Barstool Sports Betting App NJ
- NJ Borgata Mobile Betting App
- Caesars NJ Sportsbook (our favorite iOS app)
- DraftKings NJ Sportsbook App
- FOXBet Betting App
- Golden Nugget Betting App
- Hard Rock Betting App
- FanDuel NJ Betting App
- NJ Resorts Sportsbook
- SugarHouse Betting App NJ
- NJ’s SuperBook App
- Tipico Sportsbook App
- TwinSpires Racebook App
- Unibet New Jersey Betting App
- WynnBet NJ Betting App
- VIE (EEG) Betting App
- PlayUp NJ Sports Betting App
Mobile sports betting apps in New Jersey like bet365, BetRivers, Caesars, Borgata sports, and BetMGM NJ app offer more than a thousand betting markets on major sports such as NFL, NHL, MLB, and all major soccer leagues around the world. You can bet on the straight money line (winner) or point spread odds, as well as the total (over/under) for each contest. You can also bet on props – individual events that take place during a single game. Place bets on the move using your smartphone or tablet or claim a bonus and redeem rewards and earn bonus points. You can even make fast deposits and quick withdrawals using PayPal and other payment methods on your phone in NJ.
NJ Sports Betting Apps and Free Bets
- bet365 NJ App: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free Bets
- betMGM NJ Bet App: Get up to $1,000 in Promo
- BetRivers Betting App (best for Android, iOS): Get up to $500 free bonus bet, code NJBRV
- Caesars App: NJ customers get up to 1250 in promo bet credits
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free BetsWhen you sign up to FanDuel Sportsbook, be sure to take advantage of this great welcome offer to help you get the value from your sports betting. See Review T&C applyJoin bet365 NJ sportsbook, bet at least $1 to get up to $200 in Free Bets new customer offer. Promo code is NJB365.
- BetMGM New Jersey Sportsbook: Get up to $1,000 in Free Bets
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free bet
NJ Best-Rated Sportsbook Apps
The best mobile apps for betting in New Jersey- based on user ratings, include: bet365, BetMGM, PointsBet, Caesars app, BetRivers NJ and Borgata sports. Download these sportsbook applications to bet on NFL, NHL and MLB on your smartphone!
|NJ Betting App||App Ranks by Real Users*|
|BetRivers||4.3 – 720+ ratings (iOS), 4.1 – 60 reviews (Android)|
|DraftKings||4.8 – 457.8K ratings (iOS), 4.6 – 58.6K reviews (Android)|
|Caesars||4.5 – 533 ratings (iOS), 4.5 – 17.9K reviews (Android)|
|BetMGM||4.7 – 137.7K ratings (iOS), 4.3 – 10.7K reviews (Android)|
|bet365||4.5 – 533 ratings (iOS), 2.1 – 276 reviews (Android)|
*User rating is subject to change. New Jersey now boasts over a dozen betting apps for play on iOS or Android devices. Start by downloading a mobile app for sports betting on your smartphone either from the relevant app store (Apple App Store or Google Play Store) or by downloading the client direct from the sportsbook.
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free BetsIndependent Sports Betting Site, Legal in NJ, My Bet, Early Payout, Multi-Sport Parlays, Live In Game Odds, BonusNJB365
- BetMGM New Jersey Sportsbook: Get up to $1,000 in Free BetsTrusted NJ Online Sports Betting Site and Mobile App, Edit My Bet, Cash Out, Live Streaming, In-Play Odds, Free Bet BonusNJDOTBET
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Fully Licensed Sports Betting Website in New Jersey, Odds Boosts, Cash Out, Live Betting, Parlays, Pro Football PicksNJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free betNJ’s Top-Rated Online Sportsbook, All Sport Parlay Insurance, Odds Boosts, Live Betting, Caesars Rewards, Free Bet Bonus
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500One of the Legal Online Sportsbooks in New Jersey, Same game parlay bets, NBA Combo, UCL, EPL, MLB & NFL odds boosts, fast payouts, good customer supportNJBRV
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $500 Free BetNJ Legal Online Sportsbook App, Fixed Odds cash bet, Points Betting, 1 Parlay and 1 Same Game Parlay Booster, Refer Friend Bonus, Free BetsWELCOME
- WynnBET Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Free BetNJ Legal Online Sportsbook, Same-Game Parlays, In-Game Live Stats, Boosted Bets Daily, Earn Rewards In-App, Free Betting Podcasts and TipsNJBETWYNN
- Hard Rock Sportsbook: Get $100 in risk-free betsNJ licensed betting site and top-rated app, NCAAF Features Bets, Motor Racing, Boosted Odds, Free Contests, Monday/Tuesday Football Bet Get Offers
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook: Get $250 Free BetsNJ licensed online sportsbook, best-rated mobile app, NFL, MLB, NHL Daily Odds Boosts, Free Bet, Live streaming, In play live odds.
- Fox Bet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Risk-FreeTop-rated and trusted online sportsbook, popular betting app (Android, iOS) in NJ, Full license, Live odds, MLB and NFL teasers, futures, parlays, Fox sports streaming, Prompt banking options, Free expert betting picks
NJ’s Top Betting Apps in Focus
How do you find the perfect app to place bets in NJ? Legal status, odds, variety of markets, security and UX are all key factors. Currently, the best-rated betting apps in NJ include bet365 NJ, Caesars sports, Draftkings, Sugarhouse app. Here’s our mobile betting apps detailed overview for New Jersey.
PointsBet is a sports betting operator which runs legalized sportsbook apps in multiple US states, including New Jersey. PointsBet differs from other NJ sportsbooks in that it offers its own form of spread-betting, called PointsBetting.
bet365 is one of New Jersey’s biggest mobile sportsbooks. You can discover thousands of betting markets and competitive mobile sports odds on everything from football to e-Sports. The bet365 NJ app also runs one of the best welcome bonuses for New Jersey-based new customers. The app offers in-game live odds, results monitor, live streaming, and Paypal as a fast payment method for deposits and withdrawals.
DraftKings is one of the Big Two of US fantasy sports providers (along with FanDuel) but also operates a great mobile sportsbook. It was one of the first apps for sports betting to go live in New Jersey and offers competitive markets on all major sports like NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and soccer. Check out the app for enhanced daily odds and the Dynasty Rewards program which lets you earn loyalty points every time you bet. The signup process is one of the fastest and easiest among other NJ bet apps.
Caesars has taken over William Hill sportsbook in the US and is fully available in New Jersey. Now this app for bettors in NJ offers unique gaming experience with top risk-free bets as a new mobile sports betting customer and fantastic Caesars Rewards scheme. You can earn reward points and redeem them in person at land-based Caesars properties.
BetMGM is among top 10 best mobile sportsbook apps in New Jersey in 2023. This top-rated bet app is one of the most popular services. Bet teasers, parlays, or futures on over a dozen sports through your Apple or Android smartphone. You can also join the all-new betMGM Rewards program to earn perks every time you bet.
What is the Best NJ Betting App: Things to Know
It’s easy to get set up with top mobile sportsbook apps in New Jersey. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are betting on your smartphone via the best bet app.
In summer 2022, the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement introduced new guidelines on strong authentication. Under the new rules, all NJ online gambling sites must apply multi-factor authentication (MFA) for customers when logging on. Instead of just a username and password, you’ll now need to have an additional security method such as:
- Touch ID
- Face ID
- Electronic Security Token (e.g. one-time password / code)
NJ sports betting apps offer geolocation tools which can help to pinpoint your exact whereabouts. You need to prove that you are within New Jersey borders when you log on to make real-money bets. You also need a solid Wi-Fi connection to help being located. It is more convenient to place bets through your mobile web browser. However, you will have to manually install a geolocation tool such as GeoGuard in order to log on and bet. You can find GeoGuard for download in the App Store and Google Play Store.
Betting Apps & Bonuses
You can claim a welcome bonus just by setting up a sports betting app account and making your first deposit. All NJ sportsbook apps offer either a free bet or risk-free bet to new customers. You can use your smartphone to make a wager, then claim your free bet once the wager settles.
Operating System Requirements
NJ sportsbook apps require different versions of iOS and Android. You will find the latest requirements in the relevant app store. In most cases, you will need to run iOS 10.0+ or Android 6.0+, but always check first.
Sportsbook App Lobby & Betslip
The lobby on NJ betting apps looks and feels different to traditional online sportsbooks. Available markets are displayed on the main app screen, but you’ll have to use an on-screen carousel to swipe left or right to find the sport you want.
In addition, your betslip will appear as soon as you start adding wagers. You can tap on the icon to bring up the betslip on your phone, edit choices and type in stakes.
NJ Betting Apps & Live Streams
Many NJ mobile sportsbooks offer free live streaming on popular sports such as football and hockey. You can simply watch an eligible sport live through your mobile device but you’ll need Wi-Fi.
Popular Betting Markets & Best Bets
Here’s a list of the popular bet types supported by the majority of the sports betting apps in NJ.
- Moneyline: a bet on the winner of the game. Odds are assigned based on the favorite and underdog.
- Point Spread: a bet on the winner of the game after a point handicap has been assigned.
- Teasers: these are special point spread bets where you get to adjust the spread to suit your needs.
- Totals (Over/Under): a bet on the total points in a game. You bet whether the total will be over or under the point taken by the sportsbook.
- Parlays: bet on multiple games within a single bet. Many mobile sportsbooks also allow same-game parlays – parlay bets made up of outcomes from the same match.
- Futures: bets made on events taking place days, weeks or months in the future. You may find value on the winner of the next Super Bowl, for example.
- Puck Line: a point spread bet found in hockey markets.
- Run Line: a point spread bet used in baseball markets.
- Props: these are bets on specific outcomes during a single game. Player props relate to individual performances and scores while team props relate to the performance of either team (total points, points per quarter etc)
- In-Play: use your smartphone to bet on games as they happen. The sportsbook will change odds as the score changes. You simply opt in to accept new odds as they alter.
TOP Sports for Mobile Betting in New Jersey
- Baseball: mobile sportsbooks in New Jersey offer betting markets on all MLB games as well as the World Series. You can bet in-play on the night’s games and follow the in-game stats using a match tracker on your phone.
- Football: bet on every NFL game or find good odds on the Super Bowl or playoffs via the best betting apps in NJ like bet365 app or BetMGM Sports. You can also bet on your smartphone on college football as long as games don’t involve NJ teams playing on home soil.
- Hockey: bet on the night’s games or bet on futures for the upcoming Stanley Cup. You can also bet on overseas hockey leagues in Europe and elsewhere.
- Basketball: NBA and NCAAB betting is hugely popular at NJ mobile sportsbooks. Bet on total points or scores for each half of the game. The top NJ sportsbooks also carry full odds, enhanced prices and special deals during the NBA Championship.
- Soccer: whether it is MLS, EPL or the World Cup, you can bet on pregame and in-play markets through your smartphone. Bet on the moneyline, point spread (Asian Handicap) or first/last goalscorer. Follow the action live through a match tracker and bet in-play on the scorer of the next goal or even winner of the next corner.
- e-Sports: betting on e-Sports is legal in New Jersey. You can use a mobile NJ betting app to place bets on the biggest e-Sports leagues in games such as League of Legends and Call of Duty.
- Motorsports / F1 / NASCAR
Mobile Payment Options
You can also make instant payments into your account using the mobile betting app in-built cashier function. As well as traditional debit/credit cards, you can use your PayPal app to complete a transfer or ApplePay to send money directly via your phone.
- Tap on the Cashier tab in the sportsbook app. Select a deposit option from the menu.
- Enter your card number (debit/credit card/prepaid card). Alternatively, enter a PayPal email address.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit. Enter your account password and complete the transaction.
How to Download a Mobile Sportsbook App
You can also set up your phone with Face ID or Touch ID to provide extra security. Also bear in mind that most sportsbook apps require around 80-90MB of space. That’s important to note if you’re planning on installing multiple sportsbook apps.
NJ Mobile Sports Betting FAQs
Yes. You can install an Android or Apple app for your smartphone. Just visit the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) to install the relevant app for free.
No. In New Jersey, you can set up and confirm a mobile sportsbook account from anywhere in the state. You must be within NJ borders and have Location Services switched on in order to place bets.
Absolutely. Simply complete the registration form after installing your mobile app. Enter a promo code or make a first qualifying deposit via phone to claim your welcome bonus.
Bet, Play, Eat at NJ Betting VenuesView All