- BetMGM Bonus Code NJDOTBET: Get up to $1,000 in BonusesNJDOTBET
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500NJBRV
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!NJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free bet
Welcome to NJ.bet, your guide to the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on legal sports betting in the Garden State.
Since New Jersey legalized online sports betting in 2018, the industry has seen rapid growth, with over 20 different sportsbooks available for you. These sites offer a range of betting markets, and competitive odds to enticing promotions for those aged 21 and over.
Our team of experts at NJ.bet is committed to guiding you through this legal betting landscape. Our compiled list of the best sports betting sites for 2023 in New Jersey features top-tier operators such as BetRivers, bet365, betMGM NJ, and Caesars Sports. In addition, we take it upon ourselves to regularly review these and other legal, trusted online sportsbooks. This is to ensure that you always have access to the absolute best that online betting has to offer. You can rest assured knowing that betting online in New Jersey is not just legal, but also safe and secure. Ultimately, our mission is to empower you. We provide accurate, impartial information (even though we are an affiliate marketing site), fostering a confident betting environment. This way, you can place your bets online in New Jersey with assurance, revel in the thrill of the game, and truly enjoy the NJ betting experience.
New Jersey Sports Betting Sites – Comprehensive List for 2023
- bet365 Sportsbook
- BetMGM – code NJDOTBET
- Betway NJ
- Borgata Sports
- DraftKings Sports
- FOX Bet
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Hard Rock
- NJ Resorts Sportsbook
- Bet Rivers
- Tipico Sportsbook
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500One of the Legal Online Sportsbooks in New Jersey, Same game parlay bets, NBA Combo, UCL, EPL, MLB & NFL odds boosts, fast payouts, good customer supportNJBRV
- BetMGM Bonus Code NJDOTBET: Get up to $1,000 in BonusesTrusted NJ Online Sports Betting Site and Mobile App, Edit My Bet, Cash Out, Live Streaming, In-Play Odds, Free Bet BonusNJDOTBET
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Fully Licensed Sports Betting Website in New Jersey, Odds Boosts, Cash Out, Live Betting, Parlays, Pro Football PicksNJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free betNJ’s Top-Rated Online Sportsbook, All Sport Parlay Insurance, Odds Boosts, Live Betting, Caesars Rewards, Free Bet Bonus
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free BetsIndependent Sports Betting Site, Legal in NJ, My Bet, Early Payout, Multi-Sport Parlays, Live In Game Odds, BonusNJB365
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $500 Free BetNJ Legal Online Sportsbook App, Fixed Odds cash bet, Points Betting, 1 Parlay and 1 Same Game Parlay Booster, Refer Friend Bonus, Free BetsWELCOME
- WynnBET Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Free BetNJ Legal Online Sportsbook, Same-Game Parlays, In-Game Live Stats, Boosted Bets Daily, Earn Rewards In-App, Free Betting Podcasts and TipsNJBETWYNN
- Unibet NJ Sportsbook: $100 in Free Bet Bonus
- DraftKings NJ Sportsbook: Get up to $1000NJ licensed online betting leader, Established, American-born company, Quick and easy to withdrawals, best-rated app, odds boosts, In-play betting
- FanDuel Sportsbook Bonus: Get $1000 Free BetNJ betting leading sportsbook app, 17+ sports, Thirsday Night SGP, TNT Tuesday, NBA, MLB Odds Boosts, My Bets, Betting guides, Live Odds
Our team of sports journalists and reviewers, led by Alexander Kostin, an igaming expert, has delved into the world of top-rated and regulated sportsbooks and casinos, immersing ourselves in the player experience to help guide you in making the right choice. After thorough firsthand analysis, we can confidently recommend standout sites for NJ betting in 2023, including industry leaders like Caesars, BetMGM, PointsBet, bet365 NJ, and BetRivers. As we navigated the ins and outs of these betting platforms, we placed bets, interacted with customer service, and experienced the process from a bettor’s perspective. We can confirm that anyone aged 21 and over can effortlessly download one of these top sportsbook apps and get in on the action. You’ll have access to major sports and leagues from across the globe, with the only exceptions being in-state college teams and games hosted within the Garden State
Comparing New Jersey’s TOP Online Sportsbooks
|NJ best betting site||BetRivers|
|Best live odds and bets from $1||bet365|
|Sportsbook with $1000 free bet||betMGM (code NJDOTBET)|
|Best for daily boosts||Caesars NJ|
|New betting app in New Jersey||PlayUp|
The Best of NJ Sports Betting: Ultimate Guide to Top Sites & Exciting Bonuses!
Leveraging our deep expertise in the realm of sports betting, we have curated a comprehensive guide featuring top-rated, fully licensed sportsbook apps you can trust in New Jersey for 2023. This guide also provides an extensive breakdown of the most attractive bonuses and free bet promotions available this year.
Renowned players in the USA sports gambling landscape like Fanduel, BetMGM, and DraftKings have established a strong presence in New Jersey, and we’re here to help you navigate these popular platforms.
Our selection of the best online sportsbooks in NJ is based on a rigorous evaluation process. We prioritize factors including licensing and regulation – to ensure legal compliance and fair play, the range of sports betting markets offered – for diversity and choice, and bonus offers and promotions – for enhanced betting value.
Furthermore, we assess customer support responsiveness, the variety of available payment methods for flexibility and convenience, as well as the overall brand reputation. We also give weight to user satisfaction, as it’s a testament to a platform’s commitment to providing a top-tier betting experience.
Trust in our authority and expertise as we guide you through the ever-evolving sports betting landscape in New Jersey.
1. Bet Rivers
BetRivers, a notable name in the New Jersey betting landscape, proudly offers online sportsbook and casino gaming sites to avid real money players. Launching its dynamic sportsbook app in the Garden State in August 2021, the company quickly rose to prominence. By 2022, BetRivers had earned the esteemed title of Operator of the Year at the EGR North America Awards, a testament to their quality and commitment to players.
Complementing their accolades, BetRivers provides a well-designed, user-friendly mobile app. This includes an engaging live betting feature, a welcome addition that allows bettors to place bets in real time as games unfold. This interactive tool enhances the thrill of betting, making it a favorite among users.
With BetRivers, you can place online bets on a plethora of top markets, including football, baseball, tennis, boxing, hockey, and many more. For those looking to join the BetRivers community, a tantalizing offer awaits. By signing up and depositing a minimum of $20, you can receive up to a $500 match bonus on free bets at BetRivers NJ. Just remember to use the deposit code NJBRV to claim this exclusive offer.
- Best features: Same Game Parlay Bets, NBA Combo, UCL, UFC, MLB & NFL Odds Boosts, Fast Payouts
- NJ bonus offer: Deposit to Receive up to $500 Match Bonus. Promo code: NJBRV
A significant player on the NJ sports betting stage, independent and British-based Bet365 sportsbook was among the first sports betting sites to go online, was an originator of live betting, and is a sports streaming leader. It is also one of the best for players (especially soccer bettors), with early payouts helping bettors win more money. If you are a bettor and looking for the best lines–and the most wagers–on soccer, this is the place for you. The site accepts Paypal and allows minimum deposits from $1 offers new depositing customers a $200 free bet bonus. The Bet365 NJ also houses a retail sportsbook inside the Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City that opened in 2019.
- Best features: My Bet, Early Payout, Multi-Sport Parlays, Live In Game Odds. NJ offer: Bet $1 Get up to $200 Free Bets
BetMGM was among the first NJ online sports betting websites that launched its mobile app in New Jersey. The BetMGM sportsbook offers new players a $1,000 risk-free first bet, in-play live betting, prop bets, and 70+ markets such as NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB, PGA, LPGA, NLL, UFC, WNBA, and more odds. They are also official betting partners of the New York Jets, New York Rangers, and New York Knicks.
- Best features: Daily Boosted Bets, Easy Deposits and Fast Withdrawals, 24/7 Customer Support. NJ promo offer: Get up to $1,000 in Free Bets
4. Caesars Sportsbook
Like BetMGM, Caesars shares a long-time presence in the gaming industry. They opened two retail sportsbooks in New Jersey and partnered with William Hill USA to gain an instant foothold in online sports betting across the country. Caesars NJ online sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Caesars is one of the most user-friendly sites out there for gamblers, with so many bet boosts across all sports. The site also is one of the bet for diversity of action. They deliver to new NJ bettors a risk-free first bet worth $1,250.
- Best features: All Sport Parlay Insurance, Odds Boosts, Live Betting, Caesars Rewards. NJ promotional offer: Claim up to $1250 in Free Bets
DraftKings is a reputable, licensed, and popular online sportsbook that went live in New Jersey in August 2019. They offer a wide range of sports to bet on, including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, tennis, and more. DraftKings NJ also offer a variety of bet types, such as point spreads, moneylines, over/unders, parlays, and props. Because it is one of the bigger sites, DraftKings also offers players many bet boosts and bonuses that some of the other sites do not: if you are a player and want to maximize your value, you really need to have a DK account. DraftKings NJ has a nice sportsbook offer – up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus. No codes are required.
- Best features: Live Betting, Pools, Best Odds, Quick Payouts. NJ new customer bonus: Deposit $5 Get up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
How to Get Started at Online Sportsbook?
Exclusive Betting Offers: Top Deals and Bonus Codes Only at NJ.bet
Take advantage of the best promotional offers for new customers from leading online sportsbooks in NJ. With NJ.bet, you gain access to exclusive deals such as: bet365’s ‘Bet $1, Get up to $200 in Free Bets’, BetMGM NJ’s ‘Claim up to $1000 in First Bet Offer’ with our unique sports betting promo code NJDOTBET, and BetRivers’ ‘Up to $500 Deposit Match Bonus’ to jumpstart your betting journey. Experience the NJ.bet difference today!”
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free BetsJoin bet365 NJ sportsbook, bet at least $1 to get up to $200 in Free Bets new customer offer. Promo code is NJB365.NJB365
- BetMGM Bonus Code NJDOTBET: Get up to $1,000 in BonusesGet 100% up to $1,000 deposit match bonus + $25 FREEPLAY. Use BetMGM bonus code NJDOTBET in New Jersey.NJDOTBET
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500Join BetRivers sportsbook using promo code NJBRV in NJ, get a bonus up to $500 in free bet when betting at least $20.NJBRV
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Get Borgata Sports new customer offer today – up to $100 in Free Bet when you bet at least $20. Use code NJBETBRGT.NJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free betPlace your first bet with Caesars NJ Sportsbook up to $1250 free bet, get 1,000 Reward Credits and 1,000 Tier Credits!
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook: Get $250 Free BetsJoin Golden Nugget online sportsbook in NJ, deposit and bet with up to $250 free bet .
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $500 Free BetSign up and bet at PointsBet NJ sportsbook to get up to $500 in free bet if the first wager is lost.WELCOME
- WynnBET Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Free BetJoin WynnBet NJ sportsbook, wager to get up to $50 in Free Bet as a welcome offer.NJBETWYNN
The most popular form of signup bonus offers at NJ sportsbooks online are risk-free first bets and matching first deposits. For instance, Caesars bet is currently offering a huge $1,250 matching first deposit bonus. At BetMGM Sports, they welcome new players with a $1,000 risk-free first bet. If your first bet doesn’t cash, they refund the amount up to $1,000 back into your account in the form of site credit. View all promo codes for sports betting here.
Diving Deep into NJ Legal Betting: Interesting Facts and Insights
|When did online sports betting become legal in New Jersey?||New Jersey was among the first states to take advantage of the Supreme Court ruling in 2018 and legalize online sports betting. It happened right after the federal ban on sports betting was lifted, and allowed states to legalize and regulate sports betting within their borders.|
|Which NJ online sportsbook launched first?||DraftKings was the first online sports betting site to launch in New Jersey. The site was launched on August 6th, 2018, just a few weeks after the Supreme Court ruling that struck down the federal ban on sports betting.|
|What are the most popular online sportsbooks in New Jersey in 2023?||DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM are the three top-rated and most-used sportsbooks that have established themselves as leading online sports betting operators in a crowded New Jersey market.|
|Who can bet on sports online in New Jersey?||In New Jersey, only individuals who are 21 years of age or older, and physically located within the state’s borders, can bet on sports online.|
|Which sportsbook offers the best new customer bonus?||Caesars welcome bonus is up to $1250 free bet, while the betMGM NJ sportsbook awards new players with a $1000 bonus bet if your first bet loses. T&Cs apply.|
Spotlight on Potential New Entrants in New Jersey’s Betting Scene
Here are some rumored new betting sites (NJ launch date not set): Bally Bet NJ, DAZN Bet, Ladbrokes, BetFanatics, ProphetBet Exchange. Interesting, that betMGM recently made a failed attempt to purchase Entain. Among the properties owned by Entain is the venerable British sportsbook Ladbrokes and Coral. Speculation is that Ladbrokes could be looking toward a Garden State launch in the near future. Another bookmaker, BetFred, already has a presence in US states including Colorado and nearby Pennsylvania. It wouldn’t be surprising to see BetFred make a move into New Jersey become one of the latest new betting websites in 2023 or 2024.
How To Find Good Sites For Online Sports Betting in New Jersey
When looking for the best site for online sports gambling in New Jersey, there are 6 important factors to consider:
- Legal and regulatory compliance: make sure the sportsbook site is fully licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Odds: compare the odds offered by different betting sites and sportsbook apps in NJ to ensure you are getting the best value for you money. The best site for NFL bets is BetRivers, while bet365 offers the HD quality streaming and live odds.
- Bonus and new user promotions: look for online sportsbooks in NJ that offer bonuses and easy to claim betting promotions today, such as sign-up bonuses, referral deals, same game parlay boosts, second chance free bets (betMGM), and cash back offers.
- Payment options: make sure the site offers a variety of popular and secure payment methods, such as credit cards, e-wallets (PayPal), and bank transfers with fast withdrawals and deposits. The best minimum deposit sportsbook in New Jersey is bet365 (from $1).
- Reviews: read betting reviews from reliable sources like NJ.Bet and other users to get a sense of their experience with the sportsbook online.
Top 5 Online Sportsbook Apps in New Jersey
- BetMGM NJ
- Caesars NJ
- bet365 NJ
- BetRivers sportsbook NJ
- Draftkings NJ
Betting markets, leagues & bet types
Here in New Jersey, the world of online and mobile app sports betting is offering a wide range of good options. From the exhilarating realms of football, basketball, baseball, and hockey, to the finesse of soccer, golf, and tennis, your choices are almost limitless. You can of course place wagers on top-tier events like the Super Bowl and March Madness, or divert to the glitz and glamour of entertainment events, such as the Oscars.
Having personally navigated this diverse landscape, we can confirm that betting on both professional and college sports is indeed permitted. However, it’s worth noting that wagers on in-state collegiate events taking place in New Jersey are not allowed.
But don’t let that limit your fun! The betting opportunities extend far beyond simply predicting the outright winner. You can immerse yourself in the action by betting on individual events during the game, as well as exploring a myriad of other proposition (prop) bets. For instance, during my own betting experience, we’ve placed wagers on which team will score the next touchdown or goal, and even which player will be the next to score. The thrill is truly in the details!
Some online sports books also offer exotic and binary bets based on a simple Yes/No decision. For instance, you may be able to bet on whether a game will have overtime or whether the final points will be odd or even.
What can you bet online in NJ?
- Football: you can bet on NFL and NCAA college football games, including point spreads, moneylines, and over/unders.
- Basketball: you can bet on NBA and NCAA college basketball games, including point spreads, moneylines, and over/unders.
- Baseball: you can bet on MLB games, including moneylines, run lines, and over/unders.
- Hockey: you can bet on NHL games, including moneylines, puck lines, and over/unders.
- Soccer: you can bet on MLS, Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and other top soccer leagues and tournaments.
- Golf: you can bet on PGA and European Tour events, including head-to-head matchups and tournament winner.
- Tennis: you can bet on ATP and WTA events, including head-to-head matchups and tournament winner.
- Racing: you can bet on horse racing and greyhound racing.
- MMA and Boxing: you can bet on UFC and other MMA events and on boxing matches.
Some of the most popular bet types by the NJ sites include:
- Point spread bets, where you bet on a team to win by a certain number of points
- Moneyline bets, where you bet on a team to win outright
- Totals (over/under) bets, where you bet on the total number of points scored in a game
- Futures bets, where you bet on the outcome of a future event, such as the winner of a championship
- Prop bets, where you bet on specific events or outcomes within a game, such as the first team to score or the total number of yards.
- In-play Betting Odds: in-game live betting allows you to place sportsbook wagers as the game goes on. You are able to assess the course of a game and make bets based on what you see on TV or live stream or by tracking the statistics. It is easy to place an in-play bet: all NJ sportsbooks carry live odds on everything from football and hockey to baseball and soccer. You’ll even find a dedicated tab in the sportsbook lobby displaying all current live odds.
New Jersey Major Sporting Events To Wager On
Both of the NFL’s New York city teams – the Jets and the Giants – play their home games at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford. The NHL New Jersey Devils call the Prudential Center in Newark home.
Top teams to bet on in New Jersey:
- NFL: New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles
- NBA: Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers
- MLB: New York Mets, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies
- NHL: New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers
- MLS: New York Red Bulls, NYCFC, Philadelphia Union
New Jersey Gaming Revenue in 2023: Sports Betting and Online Gaming Show Significant Growth
The New Jersey gaming revenue report for April 2023 has been released, indicating an annual growth of 10% in total revenue, reaching $462.7 million. The period was marked by a notable surge in sports betting revenue, which rose by 44% to $72.3 million, compared to $50.3 million in 2022. Additionally, the state witnessed a stable 16% rise in its online gaming profits, amounting to $158.9 million.
There are 13 brick and mortar casinos in the state. They offer sportsbook areas with betting shops where you can place sports bets in person. View the best locations here.View All
Where to Bet in Person in New Jersey – TOP 9 Retail Sportsbooks
- The Meadowlands Racetrack – Address: Drive, East Rutherford, NJ. Sportsbooks: FanDuel, PointsBet, SuperBook, 4NJBets
- Monmouth Park – Address: Oceanport, NJ 07757. Sportsbooks: Caesars, SugarHouse
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Address: Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Hard Rock Sportsbook, Unibet, bet365
- Golden Nugget Hotel Casino & Marina – Address: Huron Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Golden Nugget, Betway
- Borgata Hotel Casino – Address: Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Borgata, BetMGM
- Ocean Resort Casino – Address: Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Tipico
- Resorts Casino Hotel – Address: Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: DraftKings, FOX Bet
- Caesars Interactive Entertainment – Address: Pacific Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: WynnBet, ProphetBet Exchange
- Freehold Raceway – Address: 130 Park Ave, Freehold, NJ. Sportsbooks: Barstool, PlayUp, betPARX
NJ Online Sports Betting FAQs
Yes. Legal, regulated sports betting was launched in the state in 2018.
It’s actually quite an easy process. Simply download the betting app of choice into a smartphone and then follow the step by step instructions from the site for opening an account.
For all New Jersey sports betting, whether in person or online, the legal age to play is 21.
Not on teams located in the Garden State. New Jersey voters turned down a ballot question during November 2021 state elections that would’ve approved betting on local college teams, as well as any college sports event played in the state. Out of state college sports betting is permitted.
Visit New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, here you can find all latest regulations and rues, including the info on legal sites, revenue reports and more.
VIP Preferred (ACH/e-Check), Visa, MasterCard, Online bank transfer, PayPal, PayNear Me. Some NJ sportsbooks offer their own pre-paid cards such as WynnBET Play+ or Green Dot MoneyPak.
NJ sportsbooks offer a Cash Out function that allows to settle bets early. With Cash Out, the sportsbook offers an early payout based on the current score. It carries less risk than waiting until the end of the game. For example, imagine you bet $100 on the Broncos to win their game at odds of +200 (return of $200). With most of the game played, the sportsbook offers you an early Cash Out win of $120. You can take the profit early or let the bet ride. Cash Out is a great way of securing a profit without seeing the game to the end. It’s particularly good when you’re watching a game live and seeing that the bet may not go your way.
Yes, you can play daily fantasy sports via several top mobile apps, such as Monkey Knife Fight and Underdog Fantasy. You must be 18+.
Vie.gg certainly isn’t the only sports betting site to vacate the New Jersey market. Fubo Sportsbook also recently ceased to operate in the Garden. The Score Bet, Maximbet, 888Sports and TwinSpires all previously shut down operations in New Jersey.
From drunk hecklers and foul-mouthed fans to bottle-throwers and field rushers, we took a closer look at fan behavior and surveyed NFL fans across the country in order to find out which fan bases are the rudest in the league. They may be known as the “City of Brotherly Love,” but according to survey respondents, Philadelphia Eagles fans aren’t living up to their city’s moniker. In fact, NFL fans ranked the Eagles as the rudest fans in the entire league. Respondents said Eagles fans are notorious for starting fights, which put them in the top spot in our “rudest fans” ranking. According to our survey, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots is the rudest in the league, followed by Mike McCarthy of the Dallas Cowboys and Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers. There seems to be a common theme with some of these teams as fans also ranked starting quarterback Dak Prescot of the Cowboys as the third rudest quarterback in the NFL.
Online casinos are legal in New Jersey. The best sites for gambling are: bet365 casino, betMGM casino, Harrah’s casino, Borgata online casino, BetRivers casino, Caesars casino, WynnBet casino and more.
There are 20+ legal sports betting websites in New Jersey. The Bovada is not one of them. It is not illegal to place online bets at Bovada, but as it is not on the regulated sportsbooks list, we would not recommend this site to you.
No, BetOnline is an offshore website that takes bets online. The NJ Gambling Commission does not regulate it.