Online sports betting in New Jersey is legal (since 2018) and growing. There are now 20+ NJ sportsbooks and sites that offer betting services, odds and various promotions to players over 21. Our updated list of New Jersey’s best sports betting sites for 2023 includes BetRivers, bet365, betMGM, Caesars sports. We constantly review legal and trusted online sportsbooks so that you get only the top-rated betting operators. It is absolutely safe and secure for you to register and place bets online in New Jersey.
NJ Best Sports Betting Sites 2023
- bet365 NJ – our favorite betting site
- betMGM – NJ’s best rated online sportsbook
- BetRivers – use code NJBRV at sign-up
- Borgata Sport ($100 in free bets)
- Caesars Bet New Jersey
- BetMGM New Jersey Sportsbook: Get up to $1,000 in Free BetsNJDOTBET
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500NJBRV
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!NJBETBRGT
- BetMGM Casino Bonus: 100% Deposit Match up to $1,000 + $25 FreePlayNJDOTBET
Some of the most trusted sports betting sites in New Jersey in 2023 include FanDuel, DraftKings, BetRivers, Unibet, bet365 NJ and Bet MGM Sports.
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500One of the Legal Online Sportsbooks in New Jersey, Same game parlay bets, NBA Combo, UCL, EPL, MLB & NFL odds boosts, fast payouts, good customer supportNJBRV
- BetMGM New Jersey Sportsbook: Get up to $1,000 in Free BetsTrusted NJ Online Sports Betting Site and Mobile App, Edit My Bet, Cash Out, Live Streaming, In-Play Odds, Free Bet BonusNJDOTBET
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Fully Licensed Sports Betting Website in New Jersey, Odds Boosts, Cash Out, Live Betting, Parlays, Pro Football PicksNJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free betNJ’s Top-Rated Online Sportsbook, All Sport Parlay Insurance, Odds Boosts, Live Betting, Caesars Rewards, Free Bet Bonus
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free BetsIndependent Sports Betting Site, Legal in NJ, My Bet, Early Payout, Multi-Sport Parlays, Live In Game Odds, BonusNJB365
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $500 Free BetNJ Legal Online Sportsbook App, Fixed Odds cash bet, Points Betting, 1 Parlay and 1 Same Game Parlay Booster, Refer Friend Bonus, Free BetsWELCOME
- WynnBET Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Free BetNJ Legal Online Sportsbook, Same-Game Parlays, In-Game Live Stats, Boosted Bets Daily, Earn Rewards In-App, Free Betting Podcasts and TipsNJBETWYNN
NJ Sports Betting Facts
|When did online sports betting become legal in New Jersey?||New Jersey was among the first states to take advantage of the Supreme Court ruling in 2018 and legalize online sports betting. It happened right after the federal ban on sports betting was lifted, and allowed states to legalize and regulate sports betting within their borders.|
|Which NJ online sportsbook launched first?||DraftKings was the first online sports betting site to launch in New Jersey. The site was launched on August 6th, 2018, just a few weeks after the Supreme Court ruling that struck down the federal ban on sports betting.|
|What are the most popular online sportsbooks in New Jersey in 2023?||DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM are the three top-rated and most-used sportsbooks that have established themselves as leading online sports betting operators in a crowded New Jersey market.|
|Who can bet on sports online in New Jersey?||In New Jersey, only individuals who are 21 years of age or older, and physically located within the state’s borders, can bet on sports online.|
|Which sportsbook offers the best new customer bonus?||Caesars welcome bonus is up to $1250 free bet, while the betMGM NJ sportsbook awards new players with a $1000 bonus bet if your first bet loses. T&Cs apply.|
Top NJ Online Sportsbooks Compared
We reviewed top-rated and regulated sports books and casinos to help you make the right choice. Based on our rating, the best sites for sports betting for NJ in 2023 include Caesars, BetMGM, PointsBet, bet365 NJ and BetRivers. Anyone 21 and older can download one of the top sportsbook apps and bet on major sports and leagues online (excluding in-state college teams and games inside the Garden State).
|Best online sportsbook for NBA combo bets||BetRivers|
|Best for live in game odds and minimum bets from $1||bet365|
|TOP-rated NJ sportsbook for $1000 free bet bonus||betMGM (code NJDOTBET)|
|Best for rewards and daily odds boosts||Caesars NJ|
|Fast growing new betting site/app in New Jersey||PlayUp|
|Most innovative site for points betting||Pointsbet|
Here is a complete guide with a breakdown of the top-rated legal sportsbook apps to use in NJ, bonuses and free bet promos to claim in 2023. Fanduel and DraftKings are the leading sports gambling websites in the USA and both own a place of prominence in New Jersey.
When choosing our top online sportsbooks in New Jersey we considered some important factors: license and regulation, range of sports betting markets offered, bonus offers and promotions, customer support, payment methods, brand reputation, and customer satisfaction.
1. Bet Rivers
BetRivers is a New Jersey betting company that provides online sportsbook and casino gaming services to real money players. The site launched its online sportsbook in New Jersey in August 2021 and by 2022 the company was named Operator of the Year at the EGR North America Awards. The mobile app is also well-designed and user-friendly. The live betting feature is a nice touch, allowing bettors to bet while games are live in progress. You can place online bets on top markets, such as football, baseball, tennis, boxing, hockey, and more. If you sign up and deposit a minimum of $20, you can get up to a $500 match bonus on free bets at BetRivers NJ. Use deposit code NJBRV.
- Best features: Same Game Parlay Bets, NBA Combo, UCL, UFC, MLB & NFL Odds Boosts, Fast Payouts
- NJ bonus offer: Deposit to Receive up to $500 Match Bonus. Promo code: NJBRV
A significant player on the NJ sports betting stage, independent and British-based Bet365 sportsbook was among the first sports betting sites to go online, was an originator of live betting, and is a sports streaming leader. It is also one of the best for players (especially soccer bettors), with early payouts helping bettors win more money. If you are a bettor and looking for the best lines–and the most wagers–on soccer, this is the place for you. The site accepts Paypal and allows minimum deposits from $1 offers new depositing customers a $200 free bet bonus. The Bet365 NJ also houses a retail sportsbook inside the Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City that opened in 2019.
- Best features: My Bet, Early Payout, Multi-Sport Parlays, Live In Game Odds. NJ offer: Bet $1 Get up to $200 Free Bets
BetMGM was among the first sports betting sites that launched its mobile app in New Jersey. The BetMGM sportsbook offers new players a $1,000 risk-free first bet, in-play live betting, prop bets, and 70+ markets such as NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB, PGA, LPGA, NLL, UFC, WNBA, and more odds. They are also official betting partners of the New York Jets, New York Rangers, and New York Knicks.
- Best features: Daily Boosted Bets, Easy Deposits and Fast Withdrawals, 24/7 Customer Support. NJ promo offer: Get up to $1,000 in Free Bets
4. Caesars Sportsbook
Like BetMGM, Caesars shares a long-time presence in the gaming industry. They opened two retail sportsbooks in New Jersey and partnered with William Hill USA to gain an instant foothold in online sports betting across the country. Caesars NJ online sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Caesars is one of the most user-friendly sites out there for gamblers, with so many bet boosts across all sports. The site also is one of the bet for diversity of action. They deliver to new NJ bettors a risk-free first bet worth $1,250.
- Best features: All Sport Parlay Insurance, Odds Boosts, Live Betting, Caesars Rewards. NJ promotional offer: Claim up to $1250 in Free Bets
DraftKings is a reputable, licensed, and popular online sportsbook that went live in New Jersey in August 2019. They offer a wide range of sports to bet on, including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, tennis, and more. DraftKings NJ also offer a variety of bet types, such as point spreads, moneylines, over/unders, parlays, and props. Because it is one of the bigger sites, DraftKings also offers players many bet boosts and bonuses that some of the other sites do not: if you are a player and want to maximize your value, you really need to have a DK account. DraftKings NJ has a nice sportsbook offer – up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus. No codes are required.
- Best features: Live Betting, Pools, Best Odds, Quick Payouts. NJ new customer bonus: Deposit $5 Get up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
The List of New Jersey Legal Sportsbooks
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook
- Betway Sportsbook
- Barstool Sportsbook NJ
- Borgata Sports
- Caesars NJ Sportsbook
- DraftKings NJ Sportsbook
- FanDuel NJ Sportsbook
- FOX Bet
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Hard Rock Sportsbook
- Points Bet NJ
- NJ Resorts Sportsbook
- Bet Rivers
- NJ’s SuperBook Online Sportsbook
- Tipico Sportsbook
- WynnBet NJ
- PlayUp App
How ToFind Good Sites For Online Sports Betting in New Jersey
When looking for the best site for online sports gambling in New Jersey, there are 6 important factors to consider:
- Legal and regulatory compliance: make sure the sportsbook site is fully licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Odds: compare the odds offered by different betting sites and sportsbook apps in NJ to ensure you are getting the best value for you money. The best site for NFL bets is BetRivers, while bet365 offers the HD quality streaming and live odds.
- Bonus and new user promotions: look for online sportsbooks in NJ that offer bonuses and easy to claim betting promotions today, such as sign-up bonuses, referral deals, same game parlay boosts, second chance free bets (betMGM), and cash back offers.
- Payment options: make sure the site offers a variety of popular and secure payment methods, such as credit cards, e-wallets (PayPal), and bank transfers with fast withdrawals and deposits. The best minimum deposit sportsbook in New Jersey is bet365 (from $1).
- Reviews: read betting reviews from reliable sources like NJ.Bet and other users to get a sense of their experience with the sportsbook online.
How to Get Started at Online Sportsbook?
Which new betting sites should we expect in New Jersey in the future? Here are some rumored new betting sites (NJ launch date not set): Bally Bet NJ, DAZN Bet, Ladbrokes, BetFanatics, ProphetBet Exchange. Interesting, that betMGM recently made a failed attempt to purchase Entain. Among the properties owned by Entain is the venerable British sportsbook Ladbrokes and Coral. Speculation is that Ladbrokes could be looking toward a Garden State launch in the near future. Another bookmaker, BetFred, already has a presence in US states including Colorado and nearby Pennsylvania. It wouldn’t be surprising to see BetFred make a move into New Jersey become one of the latest new betting websites in 2023 or 2024.
New Jersey Sportsbook Promotions – NJ’s TOP Betting Bonuses
The best NJ betting offers to new customers by the leading online sportsbooks include: bet365: bet $1 get up to $200 in free bets, betMGM NJ: claim up to $1000 in first bet offer, use sports betting promo code NJDOTBET and BetRivers: receive up to $500 deposit match bonus to get started.
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free BetsJoin bet365 NJ sportsbook, bet at least $1 to get up to $200 in Free Bets new customer offer. Promo code is NJB365.NJB365
- BetMGM New Jersey Sportsbook: Get up to $1,000 in Free BetsGet 100% up to $1,000 deposit match bonus + $25 FREEPLAY. Use BetMGM NJ bonus code.NJDOTBET
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500Join BetRivers sportsbook in NJ, get a bonus up to $500 in free bet when betting at least $20. Promo Code for NJ is NJBRV.NJBRV
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Get Borgata Sports new customer offer today – up to $100 in Free Bet when you bet at least $20. Use code NJBETBRGT.NJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free betPlace your first bet with Caesars NJ Sportsbook up to $1250 free bet, get 1,000 Reward Credits and 1,000 Tier Credits!
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook: Get $250 Free BetsJoin Golden Nugget online sportsbook in NJ, deposit and bet with up to $250 free bet .
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $500 Free BetSign up and bet at PointsBet NJ sportsbook to get up to $500 in free bet if the first wager is lost.WELCOME
- WynnBET Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Free BetJoin WynnBet NJ sportsbook, wager to get up to $50 in Free Bet as a welcome offer.NJBETWYNN
The most popular form of signup bonus offers at NJ sportsbooks online are risk-free first bets and matching first deposits. For instance, Caesars bet is currently offering a huge $1,250 matching first deposit bonus. At BetMGM Sports, they welcome new players with a $1,000 risk-free first bet. If your first bet doesn’t cash, they refund the amount up to $1,000 back into your account in the form of site credit. View all promo codes for sports betting here.
Top 5 Online Sportsbook Apps in New Jersey
- BetMGM NJ
- Caesars NJ
- bet365 NJ
- BetRivers sportsbook NJ
- Draftkings NJ
Betting markets, leagues & bet types
In New Jersey, you can place online bets online or via mobile apps on a wide range of sports. You can wager on football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, tennis, top events like Super Bowl and March Madness, and even entertainment events, such as the Oscars. Betting on professional and college sports is permitted, but you cannot wager on in-state collegiate events taking place in New Jersey. As well as being able to bet on the outright winner, you can bet on individual events during the game, and many other proposition (prop) bets. For instance, you can bet the team to score the next touchdown, goal, or even the next player to score.
Some online sports books also offer exotic and binary bets based on a simple Yes/No decision. For instance, you may be able to bet on whether a game will have overtime or whether the final points will be odd or even.
What can you bet online in NJ?
- Football: you can bet on NFL and NCAA college football games, including point spreads, moneylines, and over/unders.
- Basketball: you can bet on NBA and NCAA college basketball games, including point spreads, moneylines, and over/unders.
- Baseball: you can bet on MLB games, including moneylines, run lines, and over/unders.
- Hockey: you can bet on NHL games, including moneylines, puck lines, and over/unders.
- Soccer: you can bet on MLS, Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and other top soccer leagues and tournaments.
- Golf: you can bet on PGA and European Tour events, including head-to-head matchups and tournament winner.
- Tennis: you can bet on ATP and WTA events, including head-to-head matchups and tournament winner.
- Racing: you can bet on horse racing and greyhound racing.
- MMA and Boxing: you can bet on UFC and other MMA events and on boxing matches.
Some of the most popular bet types by the NJ sites include:
- Point spread bets, where you bet on a team to win by a certain number of points
- Moneyline bets, where you bet on a team to win outright
- Totals (over/under) bets, where you bet on the total number of points scored in a game
- Futures bets, where you bet on the outcome of a future event, such as the winner of a championship
- Prop bets, where you bet on specific events or outcomes within a game, such as the first team to score or the total number of yards.
- In-play Betting Odds: in-game live betting allows you to place sportsbook wagers as the game goes on. You are able to assess the course of a game and make bets based on what you see on TV or live stream or by tracking the statistics. It is easy to place an in-play bet: all NJ sportsbooks carry live odds on everything from football and hockey to baseball and soccer. You’ll even find a dedicated tab in the sportsbook lobby displaying all current live odds.
New Jersey Major Sporting Events To Wager On
Both of the NFL’s New York city teams – the Jets and the Giants – play their home games at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford. The NHL New Jersey Devils call the Prudential Center in Newark home.
Top teams to bet on in New Jersey:
- NFL: New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles
- NBA: Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers
- MLB: New York Mets, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies
- NHL: New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers
- MLS: New York Red Bulls, NYCFC, Philadelphia Union
There are 13 brick and mortar casinos in the state. They offer sportsbook areas with betting shops where you can place sports bets in person. View the best locations here.View All
Where to Bet in Person in New Jersey – TOP 9 Retail Sportsbooks
- The Meadowlands Racetrack – Address: Drive, East Rutherford, NJ. Sportsbooks: FanDuel, PointsBet, SuperBook, 4NJBets
- Monmouth Park – Address: Oceanport, NJ 07757. Sportsbooks: Caesars, SugarHouse
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Address: Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Hard Rock Sportsbook, Unibet, bet365
- Golden Nugget Hotel Casino & Marina – Address: Huron Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Golden Nugget, Betway
- Borgata Hotel Casino – Address: Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Borgata, BetMGM
- Ocean Resort Casino – Address: Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: Tipico
- Resorts Casino Hotel – Address: Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: DraftKings, FOX Bet
- Caesars Interactive Entertainment – Address: Pacific Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ. Sportsbooks: WynnBet, ProphetBet Exchange
- Freehold Raceway – Address: 130 Park Ave, Freehold, NJ. Sportsbooks: Barstool, PlayUp, betPARX
New Jersey Online Sports Betting FAQs
Yes. Legal, regulated sports betting was launched in the state in 2018.
It’s actually quite an easy process. Simply download the betting app of choice into a smartphone and then follow the step by step instructions from the site for opening an account.
For all New Jersey sports betting, whether in person or online, the legal age to play is 21.
Not on teams located in the Garden State. New Jersey voters turned down a ballot question during November 2021 state elections that would’ve approved betting on local college teams, as well as any college sports event played in the state. Out of state college sports betting is permitted.
Visit New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, here you can find all latest regulations and rues, including the info on legal sites, revenue reports and more.
VIP Preferred (ACH/e-Check), Visa, MasterCard, Online bank transfer, PayPal, PayNear Me. Some NJ sportsbooks offer their own pre-paid cards such as WynnBET Play+ or Green Dot MoneyPak.
NJ sportsbooks offer a Cash Out function that allows to settle bets early. With Cash Out, the sportsbook offers an early payout based on the current score. It carries less risk than waiting until the end of the game. For example, imagine you bet $100 on the Broncos to win their game at odds of +200 (return of $200). With most of the game played, the sportsbook offers you an early Cash Out win of $120. You can take the profit early or let the bet ride. Cash Out is a great way of securing a profit without seeing the game to the end. It’s particularly good when you’re watching a game live and seeing that the bet may not go your way.
Yes, you can play daily fantasy sports via several top mobile apps, such as Monkey Knife Fight and Underdog Fantasy. You must be 18+.
Vie.gg certainly isn’t the only sports betting site to vacate the New Jersey market. Fubo Sportsbook also recently ceased to operate in the Garden. The Score Bet, Maximbet, 888Sports and TwinSpires all previously shut down operations in New Jersey.
From drunk hecklers and foul-mouthed fans to bottle-throwers and field rushers, we took a closer look at fan behavior and surveyed NFL fans across the country in order to find out which fan bases are the rudest in the league. They may be known as the “City of Brotherly Love,” but according to survey respondents, Philadelphia Eagles fans aren’t living up to their city’s moniker. In fact, NFL fans ranked the Eagles as the rudest fans in the entire league. Respondents said Eagles fans are notorious for starting fights, which put them in the top spot in our “rudest fans” ranking. According to our survey, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots is the rudest in the league, followed by Mike McCarthy of the Dallas Cowboys and Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers. There seems to be a common theme with some of these teams as fans also ranked starting quarterback Dak Prescot of the Cowboys as the third rudest quarterback in the NFL.
Online casinos are legal in New Jersey. The best sites for gambling are: bet365 casino, betMGM casino, Harrah’s casino, Borgata online casino, BetRivers casino, Caesars casino, WynnBet casino and more.
There are 20+ legal sports betting websites in New Jersey. The Bovada is not one of them. It is not illegal to place online bets at Bovada, but as it is not on the regulated sportsbooks list, we would not recommend this site to you.
No, BetOnline is an offshore website that takes bets online. The NJ Gambling Commission does not regulate it.