The NFL is one of the biggest betting markets at NJ online sportsbooks. You can legally bet on the Super Bowl months in advance or pregame on your local pro team. You’ll even find in-play betting markets where you can place wagers on the next touchdown.
Top NJ Sportsbooks for NFL Bets 2023
|Sportsbook||Bonus||NFL Betting Markets||NFL Promotions|
|FanDuel NJ||Risk-Free Bet up to $1,000||Super Bowl, futures, Conferences, player props, team props, moneyline, spread, totals, to make playoffs, Season Awards, NFL Draft||Bet Boosts, free bets, parlay bonus|
|DraftKings NJ||100% Deposit Bonus||Super Bowl, team futures, futures, player awards, regular season wins, winner specials, Conferences, player props, team props, moneyline, spread, totals||Daily Pools, refer-a-friend, bet boosts, parlay bonus|
|BetMGM NJ||Risk-Free Bet up to $1,000||Super Bowl, team season specials, NFL Draft, pregame, player props, team props, futures, season winners, MVP, moneyline, point spread, totals||Refer-a-friend, risk-free bets, weekly free bets, in-play free bets, One-Game Parlay, parlay bonus|
|Golden Nugget NJ||$250 Free Bet||Super Bowl, futures, Conferences, player props, team props, moneyline, spread, totals||Daily Odds Boost, enhanced odds, parlay boost, free bets, Cash Out|
|WynnBET NJ||Bet $10, Get $200||Super Bowl, team season specials, NFL Draft, pregame, player props, team props, futures, season winners, MVP, moneyline, point spread, totals||WynnBET Win Hour (reduced juice), weekly free bets, Same-Game Parlay insurance, parlay bonus|
What is NFL Online Betting?
The National Football League (NFL) is the main professional football league in North America. It’s divided into two conferences (American Football Conference – AFC and National Football Conference – NFC) with games taking place between September and January. The culmination is the Super Bowl, played between the champions of the AFC and the NFC.
It’s now legal to bet on NFL at online sportsbooks in New Jersey. You can bet on the Super Bowl via ‘Futures’ markets months ahead of the big game. Alternatively, you can back the winner in weekly ‘moneyline’ markets or bet on total points. Many sportsbooks also offer ‘props’ on individual team and player performance.
NFL Futures Betting
Futures are outright markets on players or teams, placed before the season starts. You can back the winners of the conferences or Super Bowl months in advance or find prices on the regular season MVP and top NFL Draft Picks. Most NJ sportsbooks start listing their prices on the outright winners, months in advance. It’s here that you can find the most value as the season has yet to begin.
- Super Bowl Winner
- AFC Conferences Winners
- NFC Conferences Winners
- To Make Playoffs
- Season Awards (MVP etc)
- NFL Draft Picks
- Rookie of the Year
- Most Rushing Yards
- Most Receiving Yards
- Most Passing Yards
NFL Pre-game Betting
Friday nights are made for pregame betting on NFL games. NJ sportsbooks will offer dozens of markets on each game, including the moneyline (outright winner), total points (over/under), and point spread. You can also bet pregame on individual quarters or halves without having to bet on the entire game.
The point spread is a handicap bet based on each team’s final score. The underdog is given a points advantage before the game, while the favorite receives a point handicap. You place a bet on whether your team will win with the new points applied.
In addition, many NJ online sportsbooks allow ‘Teaser’ bets. These are point spread wagers that allow you to move the point up or down.
- Point Spread
- Totals (Over/Under)
- Player Props
- Team Props
- 1st/2nd Quarter Winner
- 1st/2nd Half Winner
NFL In-Play Betting Options
NFL betting isn’t just about pregame wagers. You can also bet in-play as the game happens. The sportsbook will update odds as the game progresses. You can also follow the action via a graphic match tracker.
In-play bets are slightly different from pregame ones. You can bet on small events in the game such as the next touchdown scorer or next team to score. You can also cash out bets early before the game finishes. If you’ve made a pregame bet and you feel the wager is in jeopardy, cash out your bet and take a smaller profit.
- Next team to score
- Next touchdown scorer
- 1st to 10 points
- 1st to 20 points
- Cash Out
How to Claim Bonus & Bet NFL
You can sign up to NJ online sportsbooks as long as you’re 21 or over. You don’t have to be resident in New Jersey but you must be within state borders when you log on and place bets.
Here’s our quick guide to opening your NFL sportsbook account:
- Sign up to a sportsbook through one of our links or download the mobile app selected for NFL bets
- Complete the signup form and provide your full name and date of birth.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Enter a welcome bonus promo code if you have one
- Sign in and make a deposit
10 Best NFL Betting Offers for New Jersey
- Barstool Sportsbook Bonus: Get Risk-Free Bet up to $1,000Join Barstool Bet app in NJ to claim your new player bonus: If your 1st bet loses, get an equal free bet up to $1,000.
- bet365 NJ Sportsbook Bonus: Bet $1 Get up to $200 in Free BetsJoin bet365 NJ sportsbook, bet at least $1 to get up to $200 in Free Bets new customer offer. Promo code is NJB365.NJB365
- BetMGM New Jersey Sportsbook: Get up to $1,000 in Free BetsGet 100% up to $1,000 deposit match bonus + $25 FREEPLAY. Use BetMGM NJ bonus code.NJDOTBET
- BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $500Join BetRivers sportsbook in NJ, get a bonus up to $500 in free bet when betting at least $20. Promo Code for NJ is NJBRV.NJBRV
- Borgata Sportsbook Bonus: Get $100 Free Bets!Get Borgata Sports new customer offer today – up to $100 in Free Bet when you bet at least $20. Use code NJBETBRGT.NJBETBRGT
- Caesars Sportsbook Bonus: Get up to $1250 free betPlace your first bet with Caesars NJ Sportsbook up to $1250 free bet, get 1,000 Reward Credits and 1,000 Tier Credits!
- DraftKings NJ Sportsbook: Get up to $1000New customers only. Bonus amount is equal to 20% of that deposit amount, not to exceed $1000 (the user must deposit $5000 to get the max. possible bonus amount of $1000). For every $25 played on DraftKings in Sportsbook/Casino/DFS, the user will receive $1 in bonus. The play-through requirement must be met 90 days.
- Fox Bet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Risk-FreeJoin FoxBet in NJ to bet with a risk-free bet up to $50
- PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus: Get $500 Free BetSign up and bet at PointsBet NJ sportsbook to get up to $500 in free bet if the first wager is lost.WELCOME
- WynnBET Sportsbook Bonus: Get $50 Free BetJoin WynnBet NJ sportsbook, wager to get up to $50 in Free Bet as a welcome offer.NJBETWYNN
NJ sportsbooks and mobile apps like BetMGM all offer a welcome bonus that offers either a deposit match bonus or free bets. Some betting sites also offer money back on losing NFL bets over your first weekend.
Deposit Match Bonus
The sportsbook will match your first deposit with bonus funds. You can claim your bonus cash plus any winnings as long as you meet the published wagering conditions.
Earn a free bet to use on an NFL market of your choice. You may also take advantage of enhanced odds on markets like player touchdowns. With a risk-free bet you must open your account and make a first real-money wager. If it loses, the sportsbook will refund you to the same amount with a free bet.